Modern evidentiary methods – postgraduate studies
|Nazwa studiów podyplomowych:||Nowoczesne metody dowodowe|
We would like to invite you to the first comprehensive one-year studies in the field of modern evidentiary methods to take place in Poland. During these studies students will familiarize themselves with the practical aspects of admitting and examining evidence from court expert’s opinions in various branches of criminal and civil proceedings.
Practice shows that neither legal studies nor specialist training (e.g. as an advocate or legal advisor) prepare lawyers for a comprehensive and thorough analysis of evidence from court experts’ opinions. They very often contain methodology or language that is incomprehensible to the participants of the judicial trial. Often times, reference to special knowledge, as well as the laconic format of the opinions themselves, result in the lack of an adequate and critical approach to the conclusions of the opinion, which is vital in the course of adjudication.
It’s time to change that!
Collegium Intermarium invites you to the first one-year postgraduate studies in Poland, during which students will learn the practical aspects of admitting and examining evidence from court experts’ opinions. During the classes judges, attorneys, prosecutors, police officers, and court experts will answer such questions as:
– What is the practical aspect of the appointment of court experts by the authorities and what is the correct drafting of a decision to admit such evidence?
– What does the court look for when evaluating an expert’s opinion?
– How is evidence properly secured and recorded at the scene?
– What is the practical aspect of recording and using the services’ material from operational control?
– What elements does the traffic accident reconstruction expert consider and what mistakes are most often made?
– What is an indication that the aggrieved party is a victim of psychomanipulation?
– Is the reliability of a psychology expert’s opinion always demonstrated by the need for testing?
– What does the drug slang expert consider in his opinions?
– How is the psychiatric observation of a suspect carried out and what do psychiatric experts take into account when giving their opinions?
– How to recognize if a suspect is faking a mental illness?
– What is most important when issuing an opinion by a court expert in handwriting?
– How does a phonoscopy expert work?
– Can a forensic expert make a mistake that will result in finding a person accused of murder not guilty?
These and many other questions will be answered during the classes by prominent specialists and experts in law and beyond.
The course is dedicated to lawyers, legal trainees (especially advocates and legal advisers), advocates and legal advisers and court experts. However, all other interested persons are also invited.
Postgraduate studies will last 2 semesters in a conference (weekend) system. A detailed program description and list of subjects will be presented soon.
You are cordially invited!
- Applications of candidates for postgraduate studies are accepted only through online registration, using the electronic recruitment system available at www.collegiumintermarium.org.
- Communication with the applicant takes place through the electronic admissions system.
- As an auxiliary means of communication with the candidate, remote communication via email or phone may be used.
- The formal conditions for admitting a candidate to the recruitment procedure are:
1) registration in the electronic recruitment system and
2) payment of the enrollment fee.
- Recruitment for postgraduate studies shall take place until October 18th, 2021.
- Candidates for postgraduate studies must submit the following documents:
1) personal questionnaire printed out from the electronic recruitment system, hand-signed by the candidate;
2) application for admission to postgraduate studies, printed out from the electronic admissions system, hand-signed by the candidate;
3) signed contract for the provision of educational services to participants of postgraduate studies in two counterparts, according to the template published on the website of the University;
4) a photocopy of the university diploma (at least first degree), certified with the clause: “I hereby certify that this is a true copy of the original document” and the candidate’s handwritten signature;
5)proof of payment of the enrollment fee.
- The documents listed above shall be submitted in person at the University or sent by mail to the University address.
|Opłaty za studia||Kwota|
|Płatność jednorazowa||5000 zł|
|Płatność w 3 ratach||5300 zł|
|Płatność w 7 ratach||5700 zł|
|Opłata rekrutacyjna||85 zł|
Konto bankowe, na które można dokonywać wpłaty:
37 1160 2202 0000 0004 6778 2638
Osoby zainteresowane otrzymaniem faktury proszone są o kontakt e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Uprzejmie informujemy, że kursy są uruchamiane przy określonej liczbie uczestników, pozwalającej na właściwą dynamikę pracy grupy.
Att. Bartosz Lewandowski, Ph.D.
Attorney-at-law, Ph.D. in Law, managing partner of Khanzadyan Lewandowski i Partnerzy, a legal practice in Warsaw. In 2012, he graduated with honors from the Faculty of Law and Administration at the University of Warsaw. Between 2013-2014 he completed his general legal training at the National School of the Judiciary and Public Prosecution, during which he served his internship in prosecutor offices and common courts in Warsaw, getting acquainted with the specificity of work in law enforcement and administration of justice. From 2014-2016 he completed his legal training at the District Bar Association in Warsaw, and in 2017 passed the bar exam (Bar Association in Warsaw).
Ph.D in Law and a graduate of full-time doctoral studies at the Institute for the Study of State and Law at the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Warsaw, where he conducts scientific and educational activity in the field of sociology of law, political and legal doctrines, and theory of law. Author of publications on substantive and procedural criminal law, history of law as well as theory and philosophy of law, published in prestigious national (inter alia in Państwo i Prawo [State and Law] and Przegląd Sejmowy [Parliamentary Review]) and international scientific periodicals. In his scientific work he also focuses on the legal aspects of the position of expert witnesses in litigation practice, which is reflected in the book published under his editorship Pozycja i rola biegłego w polskim systemie prawnym [Position and role of the expert witness in the Polish legal system] (Warsaw, 2016). Author of the monograph Sąd Konstytucyjny Czechosłowacji w latach 1920-1939 [Constitutional Court of Czechoslovakia between 1920-1939] published by the Constitutional Tribunal Publishing House (Warsaw, 2020). Since 2013 he has been involved in non-governmental organizations focusing his activity on freedom of economic activity, freedom of speech, and protection of constitutional order.
Judge Dariusz Drajewicz, Ph.D.
Delegated to the Research and Analysis Department of the National School of Judiciary and Public Prosecution and the Appellate Court in Warsaw, author of over 90 scientific publications in the field criminal law, including monographs. Editor and co-author of Komentarz do Kodeksu postępowania karnego (C.H. Beck, seria Duże Komentarze, 2020, t. I – ss. 1953, t. II – ss. 1136) [Commentary to the Code of Criminal Procedure (C.H. Beck, Big Commentary series, 2020, vol. I - pp. 1953, vol. II - pp. 1136)];
Former police officer (i.a. in the Department for Counterterrorism and Murder of the Warsaw Police Headquarters), security expert, former commander of the Police Negotiators Team of the Metropolitan Police Headquarters, lecturer and author of numerous scientific papers and books,;
Former police officer (among others he served in the Traffic Department of the Municipal Police Headquarters in Kraków and was the head of the Traffic Department of the District Police Headquarters in Pruszków), expert witness in road traffic, forensics, and technical reconstruction of road accidents. Entered into the registry of experts kept by the President of the District Court in Nowy Sącz and the District Court in Kraków;
President of the Board of the European Centre for Forensic Science Initiatives Foundation , former director of the Central Forensic Laboratory of the Polish Police Headquarters, leading expert on forensic science during the Polish Presidency of the Council of the European Union, lecturer;